MeaningfulHQ.com/massed-practice.html • EP115: The Science of Successful Learning: Massed Practice vs Interleaved Practice
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Today's episode is inspired by the book, "Make It Stick" (getflashnotes.com/make_it_stick), where the authors explain the science of successful learning.
- The big idea we'll focus on in this episode, is about the difference between "Massed Practice" and "Interleaved Practice" (Hint: one contributes to improved memory, long-term learning, and mastery of skills; the other contributes to worse memory, faster forgetting, and zero mastery).
- Get the full book summary for "Make It Stick" here: getflashnotes.com/make-it-stick
- Get the transcript/article/notes for this episode at: MeaningfulHQ.com/massed-practice.html
- Topics Covered:
- Massed Practice vs Interleaved Practice
- The art of learning
- Improving memory
- Books Mentioned:
- "Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning" by Peter C. Brown, Henry L. Roediger III, Mark A. McDaniel
- GET BOOK: getflashnotes.com/make_it_stick
- GET BOOK SUMMARY: getflashnotes.com/make-it-stick
- Wanna know how to read this book in 15 minutes flat?
- Join FlashBooks and get best-selling self-improvement + business book summaries you can read (or listen to) anytime, anywhere...
- Join for just $1 at https://getflashnotes.com/join
- Want more motivation + inspiration? Visit the blog:
- Subscribe / View Previous Episodes:
CONNECT WITH DEAN:
Home of Dean Bokhari's Meaningful Show:
Facebook Fan Page:
Book Summaries by (Flash)Books:
ABOUT DEAN BOKHARI'S MEANINGFUL SHOW:
Meaningful Show is the premier self-improvement and motivation podcast publication. Get on-demand — and research-driven — self-help advice every single week, whenever and wherever you want it.
MORE ABOUT THE PODCAST:
- Every week, we bring you inspiring interviews with authors, entrepreneurs, change-makers, and thought-leaders making an impact and income doing meaningful work that matters and makes a difference. aside from interviews, we also cover: personal development tips, career & business advice and the occasional book summary. Checkout the self-improvement and motivation podcast archives at:
- Visit Dean's blog at http://www.deanbokhari.com for more science-backed articles, videos, and book summaries on: Personal Growth, Business, Scientific Self-Help, Lifehacks, Productivity, Motivation, and Meaningful Work.
- Get unlimited self-help + business book summaries for $1:
- For More Meaningful Show Episodes and to Subscribe for Free Weekly Updates, Visit: