ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
- I'm no relationship counselor, but earlier this year the wifey + I came up with 11 things we think will help us maintain a happy relationship. We think they're awesome. Hopefully you will, too
At the beginning of every year, I like to sit down and do a year-end reflection of the previous year… I think about the wins, the challenges, the goals or areas of my life that I’d like to build upon as I move forward into another new year, and any new goals I’d like to pursue in the year ahead.
One of the things that made this past yearly reflection especially enriching, was the inclusion of my wife, Amna and our newborn, Nora. (I’d always done my yearly reflection totally solo up until now.) So in addition to all of the stuff I usually do during my yearly reflection and goal-setting session, this year I worked on a list of ongoing relationship goals with Amna. We ended up with 11 in total. And we posted them up near our bathroom mirror, so we can glance at them every morning while we brush our teeth.
As I write this, it’s been a little over a month since we started practicing these new ongoing goals (which are more like habits, or mutual commitments than goals). And I think they’ve been incredibly helpful in bringing us closer together as a couple and crushing conflicts before they arise. Here’s our list:[continue reading at http://www.meaningfulhq.com/happy-relationship.html]
SELECTED LINKS + RESOURCES:
- Get the Show Notes:
- Books Mentioned:
- What You'll Discover:
- Simples Tips To Have a Long-Lasting, Happy Relationship
- Topics Covered:
- Relationship tips
- How to cultivate a happy relationship
CONNECT WITH DEAN:
Home of Dean Bokhari's Meaningful Show:
Facebook Fan Page:
Book Summaries by (Flash)Books:
ABOUT DEAN BOKHARI'S MEANINGFUL SHOW:
Meaningful Show is the premier self-improvement and motivation podcast publication. Get on-demand — and research-driven — self-help advice every single week, whenever and wherever you want it.
MORE ABOUT THE PODCAST:
- Every week, we bring you inspiring interviews with authors, entrepreneurs, change-makers, and thought-leaders making an impact and income doing meaningful work that matters and makes a difference. aside from interviews, we also cover: personal development tips, career & business advice and the occasional book summary. Checkout the self-improvement and motivation podcast archives at:
- Visit Dean's blog at http://www.deanbokhari.com for more science-backed articles, videos, and book summaries on: Personal Growth, Business, Scientific Self-Help, Lifehacks, Productivity, Motivation, and Meaningful Work.
- For More Meaningful Show Episodes and to Subscribe for Free Weekly Updates, Visit: