This is a re-run of EP#146, originally published in June 2016. If you're new to the podcast, and haven't scrolled back that far -- this is for you! If you've been listening for awhile -- thanks! I love you, and feel free to use this episode as a refresher. Original episode details below...
DeanBokhari.com • EP146. Flow: The Science-Backed Secret to Happiness
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
- In this episode, we'll be talking about "Flow," which is a term that author Mihály Csíkszentmihályi uses to describe that feeling of total awesomeness you experience when you're so immersed in an activity (work or otherwise) that you lose track of time and feel like you could just keep on working on it forever because of the enjoyment it brings you to do the work itself. Most of us don't experience Flow as often as we'd like, and most people think it's just something that happens by way of luck. But it's not luck... There's actually a science-backed method to making Flow a part of your daily life, and you're about to learn it...
- Book Mentioned:
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience
by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Get the show notes + resources mentioned in this episode here:
- Topics discussed in this episode:
- The Psychology of Optimal Experience
- Meaningful Work
- People mentioned
SELECTED LINKS + RESOURCES:
- Want more motivation + inspiration? Visit the blog:
- Subscribe / View Previous Episodes:
CONNECT WITH DEAN:
Home of Dean Bokhari's Meaningful Show:
Facebook Fan Page:
Book Summaries by (Flash)Books:
ABOUT DEAN BOKHARI'S MEANINGFUL SHOW:
Meaningful Show is the premier self-improvement and motivation podcast publication. Get on-demand — and research-driven — self-help advice every single week, whenever and wherever you want it.
MORE ABOUT THE PODCAST:
- Every week, we bring you inspiring interviews with authors, entrepreneurs, change-makers, and thought-leaders making an impact and income doing meaningful work that matters and makes a difference. aside from interviews, we also cover: personal development tips, career & business advice and the occasional book summary. Checkout the self-improvement and motivation podcast archives at:
- Visit Dean's blog at http://www.deanbokhari.com for more science-backed articles, videos, and book summaries on: Personal Growth, Business, Scientific Self-Help, Lifehacks, Productivity, Motivation, and Meaningful Work.
- Get unlimited self-help + business book summaries for $1:
- For More Meaningful Show Episodes and to Subscribe for Free Weekly Updates, Visit: